Learn About Arts Integration at IUSD
Elementary Arts Program
Warren Lane Elementary is a Turnaround Arts school and an elementary site that has access to a myriad of coordinated sequential capacity building arts experiences that are provided in partnership with organization such as PS Arts, The Armory Center for the Arts, Focus 5 and Mr. Holland’s Opus.
K-8 Arts Program
At the K-8 level varying sites provide students with access to visual arts, theater, dance, choir, and band.
High School Arts Program
At the high school level, students have access to beginning and advanced band, music instruction, theater, visual, and media arts.
The Future of Arts Integration at IUSD
In 2017, Inglewood USD engaged in a strategic planning process to develop a new five year plan for arts education. Through a consensus building process, the planning team created the following vision elements to support plan implementation over the next five years:
In five years, the following will be in place in our District’s arts education program as a result of our actions:
- Branded arts focused schools identified and made visible
- Vertical articulation in the arts
- Standards aligned integrated arts professional learning
- Aligned arts integrated curriculum
- Developed and authentic audiences for student exhibitions
- Engaged community partnerships
- High student engagement