Venecia Lizarzaburu, Director of Categorical Programs/ Special Projects
401 S. Inglewood Avenue, B-1
Phone: 310-419-2779 Fax: (310) 680-5141
visit us directly at SP.myiusd.net
|Director – Categorical Programs|
|District Community Liaison|
|Clerk Typist II _ Special Projects|
|Clerk Typist II _ Special Projects|
|Program Aide I|
|Program Design Management Tech.|
Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
- Title I: A K-12 program to provide Supplemental Educational Support to low-achieving children in high poverty schools, English Learners, Migrant Children, children with disabilities, neglected or delinquent children, and young children in need of reading assistance. Provides professional development supportive of student achievement and promote parent education and involvement.
Title I: School-wide Program
- Purpose: Upgrade the entire educational program of the school.
Supplemental Education Services (SES)
Supplemental educational services (SES) are additional academic instruction provided outside of the regular school day and designed to increase the academic achievement of students attending schools in Program Improvement (PI) Years 2 through 5. SES, or free tutoring, must be high quality, research based, and specifically designed to increase student academic achievement. Eligible students are all low-income students who attend Title I PI Years 2 through 5 schools.
Under the Federal No Child Left Behind (NCLB) law, schools that do not meet their achievement targets must offer parents the choice of attending another school in the same district. This transfer is given under the option of Title I, Part A School Choice.
A Title I school will be identified for program improvement (PI) when, for each of two consecutive years, the Title I school does not make adequate yearly progress (AYP) in the same content area (English-language arts or mathematics) schoolwide or for any numerically significant subgroup, or on the same indicator (Academic Performance Index [API] or high school graduation rate) schoolwide.
|Report on Participation in Public School Supplemental Educational Services (SES)
As Required by Title I Regulations, Section 200.39(c), from 34 Code of Federal Regulations Part 200 (U.S. Department of Education, October 2008)
IUSD PI Schools 2014-2015:
Bennett-Kew, Centinela, Crozier MS, Inglewood HS, Kelso, La Tijera, Warren Lane, Monroe MS, Morningside HS, Oak Street, Parent, Payne, Woodworth, Worthington. Highland, Hudnall and City Honors Charter HS.
Councils & Governance
District Advisory Council (DAC) & School Advisory Council (SAC):
- The Council is advisory in nature and has no legal decision-making powers; the primary responsibility is to make good decisions concerning planning, implementation, and evaluation of the Compensatory Education program. Other responsibilities of the Council are to advise and assist in:
- Dissemination of information to members and other interested persons;
- Training for members regarding Council functioning;
- Training for parents in how to assist their children at home
District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) & English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC):
- These committees are advisory in nature, assisting the districts, principal and staff in the school needs assessment and in the development of the bilingual education program.
School Site Council (SSC):
- The SSC decides upon supplemental academic instructional programs and all related categorical resource expenditures for a school.
- A SSC is a school-community representative body made up of:
- Other School Personnel
- Parents or Community Members
- Students (at the Secondary Level)
- All schools that receive federal or state categorical funding are required to have a SSC to decide how to spend categorical funds.
Parent/ Family Resource Center
401 S. Inglewood Avenue , B-8
Phone: 310-419-2788 Fax: (310) 680-5159
- Parent Educational workshops/ training’s
- Parent Involvement needs assessment surveys
- District Parent Involvement Policy and Plan
- Parent Volunteer Policy and Procedures
- Community Resources
- Computer Access
- Parent Involvement Calendar
- McKinney- Vento Homeless Education Assistance